Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It Begins!

Welcome to the first chronicling of the exploits of Brad Taylor Man of Action, Action, Action. Our story begins on the mean streets of Seattle, were I have just made a sandwich. I have been in the city for about two weeks now and though times are hard and adjustments have to be made I’m already learning the ins and outs of city life. For example when I first got here I tried hunting hobo (a key source of protein in the city) by tying a bag of Doritos to the end of a string. But for whatever reason I just couldn’t get any of them to bite. Maybe it was because I got ranch Doritos (the hobo has a more sophisticated pallet), or maybe the string wasn’t long enough (four inches might not be enough distance from the bate). Emaciated and frustrated, I decided to observe my prey, you know, get to know them. And after a few days I changed out the Doritos for malt liquor and I am fishing with dynamite.

Looking for apartments proved more difficult than anticipated as well. First I used a primal approach, the tried and true “mark your territory” method, this method is problematic and not recommended. Next I designed a flag and proceeded to plant my flag in the living rooms of places I wished to live. This method resulted mostly in confusion and ultimately proved ineffective and not recommended. Strung out and desperate I answered an add on Craig’s list and found a lovely one bedroom apartment with lots of closet space, good sized kitchen, and a little dinning area; which I later marked and planted my flag in.

The job search is next I have an interview tomorrow and another one pending. I submitted a large number of different resumes and intend to interview several time for the same position using disguises and an assortment of assumed names. Will they hire Esteban Guzman the Latin dance instructor, or Arcangelo Mancini the Italian Latin dance instructor, or Adolf Fenstermacher the German Latin dance instructor, or might they hire Brad Taylor man of action?

8 comments:

  1. very impressive. You must take after your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed your blog already has 7 public followers mere hours after the unveiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for providing two of those sage :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely looking forward to reading about your adventures in Seattle. I've always enjoyed your writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You nearly got me with the bag of Doritos, but I would have proved to be tough and un-tasty!

    ReplyDelete